- For over 20 years, we have concentrated our search practice on critical HR roles. We are selective about the type of searches we perform and limit the number to ensure entirely focused, high-quality delivery.
- Not only do we have a robust home-grown database of HR candidates, but we also have relationships with hundreds of business-focused HR practitioners and have met with a high number of potential candidates before we even begin your search process.
- Candidates are often concerned about confidentiality during the course of a search. With our solid reputation we have developed over more than twenty years, many hard-to-engage candidates have a comfort with us that they may not have with other firms. Candidates trust hr connection. That level of trust in our integrity leads to more applicants and a rich talent pool.
- We interact with HR leaders from nearly 200 companies every month, so we recognize HR talent when we see it.
” Building the right HR team is essential to the success of every company. Finding the right human resource talent to build your team is hr connection’s specialty. I know from experience that hr connection seeks out ideal candidates with the skills and cultural fit needed to achieve desired business results.” –VP of HR, large construction company
“The hr connection team prioritizes a strong match over just placing a candidate. They have exceptionally high integrity and will not place a candidate just to close out a requisition. They truly want it to be the right next step and their actions confirm this.” –VP of HR, Medical Device Company
“Finding the right candidate for some of our specialty HR business units has been a real challenge and one that hrconnection has been helpful in answering. Their understanding of our business and HR specialty requirements put them in a league all by themselves.
General recruiters don’t have the depth of experience that they have.”
“Sue has a nose for talent. I have utilized her firm to hire some of the best HR people available in the Twin Cities market at a competitive rate. My most recent request was to find me a HR Business Partner who specialized in the impossible – her team delivered! I consider Sue as a trusted business partner.” – Business Owner
“I engaged Sue’s company, HR Connections to find our VP of HR, our senior HR professional at Walker. This was an important person for us as we are changing our culture and because as with all companies we are facing a growing challenge to find great people.
I was very pleased with Sue’s process and the results. The process was thorough and communication was consistent. Sue and her team took the time to understand Walker and the Executive Leadership team and what we were looking for. She concentrated on finding someone with the experience and skills but also on finding the right person to fit into our team and what we are attempting to do. And most importantly, the results were great!” – President and CEO
Establishing a Blueprint
- Meet with all key stakeholders to ensure an understanding of the client’s business and culture.
- Obtain client consensus on their needs and expectations for the desired candidate.
- Work with the organization to finalize the job desription and candidate profile.
- Client completes culture assessment to help us select candidate with best organizational fit.
- Craft an organizational profile that creates a narrative on the client which includes the position description as a part of that story.
The Recruiting Process
- Develop a recruiting plan: We identify the best recruiting sources in conjunction with our client.
- Research: We personally engage the marketplace by emailing or calling qualified candidates and recruiting them to apply.
- Interview Preparation: We develop interview questions and involve our clients to make sure we are asking the right questions during the interview process.
- Candidate Sourcing: We proactively recruit candidates who have surfaced as a result of our research. We screen applications and contact those candidates that best match the requirements for the role.
- Candidate Assessment: Final candidates complete a culture/values assessment to provide our clients with additional information to ensure candidates are the best possible match.
- Initial Interviews: We personally meet with all candidates.
- Candidate Presentation: Meet with clients and present a list of final candiates and assist in determining which candidates they would like to interview.
- Interviews: If client desires, we can be on-site the day of candidate interviews to facilitate the process and to help debrief feedback.
- Selection: We help our clients reach consensus on identifying the successful candidate by using a propriety tool to help them prioritize selection criteria and evaluate candidates against the criteria.
- Making Offer: We work as an advisor to the client before presenting the offer to the candidate and act as a mediator in any negotiations to ensure a timely resolution.
- Reference: We conduct an in-depth reference check on the final candidates and provide a detailed summary from past and former colleagues.
- Guarantee: We offer a 1 year replacement guarantee of the candidate.